SHEERAN INSURANCES LIMITED
Sheeran Insurances Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Sheeran Insurances Ltd in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
• Alan Sheeran
• Contact details:
2 Sandyford Office Park 01 207 4444
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01 207 4444
When we refer to ‘we’ it is Sheeran Insurances Ltd
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
• Sheeran Insurances specialise in providing insurance solutions for both commercial and personal clients, since 1992. The firm enjoys excellent working relationships with all the major insurance companies in Ireland, UK and Lloyds. We also provide complete Risk Management and Claims Services to a wide client base.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
• Name: Alan Sheeran
• Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone number: 01 207 4444
Purpose for processing your data
We will use and share certain personal data for;
• Providing a quotation
• Arranging and administering a policy
• Handling claims
• Sharing details with or seeking personal information from your insurer
• Sharing details with or seeking information from loss adjusters, repairers and other claims handling agents, medical practitioners, engineers and legal practitioners.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with Insurance advice Sheeran Insurances Ltd need to collect personal data for the provision and administration of insurance products and related services.
Our reason for processing your data under the GDPR is:
• Legal basis – Sheeran Insurances Ltd needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into.
In any event, Sheeran Insurances Ltd are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Sheeran Insurances Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Sheeran Insurances Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
• we will obtain your explicit consent
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Sheeran Insurances Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Sheeran Insurances Ltd procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
In order for us to provide you Insurance advice Sheeran Insurances Ltd need to collect personal data for the provision and administration of insurance products and related services.
• Insurance Providers
• Product Producers
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
Sheeran Insurances Ltd facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Sheeran Insurances Ltd will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Sheeran Insurances Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Organisation Name’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract x and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 01 207 4444 or email email@example.com.